- Advertisment -

Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged by the FA over the mobile phone incident at EvertonMEERI News

- Advertisment -

mEERI NEWS

Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has been accused of “unfair and/or violent” behavior by the Football Association.

It comes after an incident related to the Manchester United forward’s behavior at Everton last season.

Video footage showed Ronaldo knocking a fan’s mobile phone to the ground after United’s 1-0 defeat at Goodison Park on April 9, prompting the Portuguese to be cautioned by Merseyside police.

In a statement from Merseyside Police at the time of the incident, they said: “We can confirm that a 37-year-old man voluntarily attended and was interviewed under caution in relation to allegations of assault and criminal damage.

Bolton News: PAP.A

“The allegation relates to an incident following the Everton v Manchester United football match at Goodison Park on Saturday 9 April.

“The matter has been treated with conditional caution. Now the matter is over.”

However, the FA has decided to investigate the incident and a spokesperson said on Twitter: “Cristiano Ronaldo is under FA Rule E3 for an incident that occurred after Manchester United FC’s Premier League match against Everton on Saturday 9 April 2022. A violation has been alleged. .

“It is alleged that the forward’s behavior after the final whistle was foul and/or violent.”

Manchester United released a statement saying: “We note the FA’s announcement regarding Cristiano Ronaldo. We will support the player in his response to the charge.”

Ronaldo previously shared a statement in which he apologized for his actions and offered the teenager in question, Jacob Harding, the opportunity to attend a game at Old Trafford.

Saying: “I would like to apologize for my outburst and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a symbol of fair-play and sportsmanship.”

The Ultimate Managed Hosting Platform
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -